If you’ve just purchased a sleek, snazzy new glass whiteboard, or are considering one based on the rising trend, you may be wondering which neodymium magnets will work best with your latest investment.
Glass whiteboards are made magnetic by adding a layer of steel sheet-metal behind the glass. The one caveat to this long-lasting, aesthetically-pleasing board is that the thickness of the glass reduces the holding power of the magnets you choose.
In other words, you’ll need slightly stronger magnets than you might have anticipated to hold your papers and documents in place.
Depending upon your needs, we recommend the following neodymium magnets based on ease of handing and holding power:
1/4 x 1/4 N52 Cylinder
- Holds small notes and photos
5/16 x 5/16 N48 Cylinder
- Holds 2-3 pages of letter/A4 paper
- Holds 1 page of card stock
3/8 x 3/8 N42 Cylinder
Holds 4-5 pages of letter/A4 paper
Holds 2 pages of card stock
3/8 x 3/8 N52 Cylinder
- Holds 6-7 pages of letter/A4 paper
- Holds 4 pages of card stock
1/2 x 1/2 N42 Cylinder
- Holds 8-9 pages of letter/A4 paper
- Holds 5 pages of card stock
Additional Safety and Handling Tips:
- Do not slide magnets across your glass whiteboard, as they may scratch the surface. Remember to only slide magnets across when a layer of paper is between the magnet and the whiteboard surface.
- Place magnets gently onto the whiteboard, letting the edge of the cylinder touch softly first, then slowly lowering the remainder of the magnet onto the surface.
If you have any further questions or concerns about using neodymium magnets with your glass whiteboard, please don’t hesitate to contact us!